Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Main Ingredient: Nutella
From Food & Wine
Make 1 9×5” loaf
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- One 13-ounce jar Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a mixer. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature to ensure your cake rises properly. Gradually add in each egg, and then the vanilla, until fully incorporated.
- With your mixer on low, add in the dry ingredients to the wet little by little.
- Spray or butter your pan. Pour in 1/3 of your batter. Spread with 1/2 of the jar of Nutella. Now, pour over 1/3 more of the batter. Top with the rest of the Nutella. Finish off with the rest of your batter.
- Before baking, lightly swirl through the pan with a butter knife once or twice. Bake for about an hour and ten minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before serving. I know it’s tempting to dig into warm Nutella, but you will have a runny mess if you cut into the cake immediately. Serve for dessert with ice cream or enjoy with a cup of coffee for breakfast. Nutella is a healthy breakfast food, right?